Job Title: Category Insights Manager
Location: Walnut Creek, CA or remote
Reports To: EVP, Sales
Hiring Date: Immediate
Tillamook Country Smoker (“TCS”) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of beef jerky, meat sticks, and similar meat snack products based in Bay City, Oregon. For more than 40 years, TCS has sold its delicious products into the convenience, grocery, dollar, specialty, mass and club channels. The company was acquired by Insignia Capital Group in July 2017. The company’s website can be found at: https://www.tcsjerky.com/
The Category Insights Manager role will work collaboratively with Sales leaders to provide actionable consumer and category insights that allow us to excel in the categories in which we compete. The individual will utilize tools such as IRI Point of Sale and consumer panel data to guide overall sales strategy, develop customized presentations and provide day to day insights that support executable customer selling strategies, especially as it relates to shelving, merchandising, assortment, and retail pricing objectives.
- Develop and present strategic category management insights and selling stories that meet retailer objectives, while supporting the selling initiatives, growth and share objectives of the organization.
- Utilize syndicated, internal and retailer data to analyze and develop sales strategies and programs that drive sales, profits and market share.
- Prepare and present key opportunities, scorecards, category reviews and promotional effectiveness (ROI) analysis, while ensuring data integrity.
- Proactively develop insights to aid Sales in selling expanded distribution, gap fill opportunities, improved shelf merchandising and new promotional opportunities for our brands.
- Develop ad hoc reports as necessary to support the development of the business.
- Prepare insights of the business and turn them into actionable goals for our team.
- Understand the needs and objectives of the sales team and provide insights and analysis that enables them to meet those objectives.
- Monitor competitor activity and their positioning in the market, including distribution, pricing, promotions/advertising and market penetration.
- Identify distribution needs and opportunities for further growth and development.
- Collaborate with Finance to establish and support sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes.
- Develop the methods and reporting capability cross-functionally to establish accountability across the supply chain and the sales and marketing organizations.
- Facilitate successful implementation of latest programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch. Foster an organization of continuous process improvement.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration or related field required
- 5-7 years experience utilizing data management in a sales environment
- Experience using syndicated tools; IRI or Neilson is required
- CPG Experience required
- Experience in report building
- Proficient in extracting and mining data
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Power Point
- Advanced level of proficiency in Excel
- Strong technical and analytical skills and the ability to translate data into actionable plans
- Ability to convey stories using charts and graphs
- High level of integrity, confidentially and accountability w/ strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Proven ability to plan, prioritize and execute on work tasks.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to communicate and interact with all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a can-do attitude.