Job Description Human Resources Generalist (Payroll Emphasis)
Location: Bay City, OR
Reports to: Safety & People Development Manager
The Human Resources & Payroll Generalist is a key support role that is responsible for the functional day-to-day administration of all personnel matters. In addition, this role will be responsible to collect and process hourly and salaried multi-state payroll. Complete certified payrolls, as well as other governmental compliance reports, on a bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Reconcile accounts and participate in general accounting responsibilities such as month end closings and journal entry uploads.
Essential Job Functions:
- Set up, process and maintain changes to employee files such as direct deposits, and address changes.
- Assist with processing hourly payroll and the distribution of bi-weekly reports
- Assist with the distribution of live payroll checks
- Process manual checks and void checks as needed
- Review, analyze and track various court ordered garnishments, as well as setting up withholding orders in ADP
- Assist with the data entry of new hires, terminations and changes into Payroll and Benefit Systems
- Provide coordination and assistance to team and employees during Annual Enrollment
- Help ensure that there is standardization and accountability in all HR related efforts.
- Maintains ADP Portal Site with up-to-date company information; main administrator for new hires.
- Assist with processing terminations, FMLA, I-9 and other special projects.
- Assists with employee/company events.
- Other General HR tasks as assigned- Benefits, employee relations, operations support, policy adherence
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a progressive Human Resources/Payroll support role.
- Familiarity and experience using ADP payroll system. Total source experience preferred
- Ability to demonstrate engagement and support to an evolving business.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of multi-state HR/ Payroll laws and practices.
- Proven service minded approach to delivering HR support.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred