Job Description: Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Bay City, OR
Reports to: Maintenance Manager or Supervisor
This position installs, maintains, repairs and improves plant equipment and facilities to ensure production schedule attainment. Also strives to continuously improve the production environment. We are seeking a candidate with a stable work history, a desire to work in a Team environment, a positive attitude, and a share our philosophy of treating people with dignity and respect.
Essential Job Functions:
- Troubleshoot and repair processing, packaging and facility equipment.
- Effectively communicate information and actively participate in the problem solving process both in the maintenance department and throughout the plant.
- Interpret mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and PLC rung diagrams.
- Use shop and hand tools safely and properly.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of single and three phase power, understand motor control / circuits, and be able to troubleshoot control and PLC logic and hardware.
- Demonstrate strong mechanical troubleshooting skills of general and specialized food processing and packaging equipment. Being able to disassemble and reassemble mechanical equipment with accuracy.
- Follow, and / or write specific maintenance procedures concerning PM’s, schedules and documentation requirements.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- LME License required
- HVAC certificate (preferred)
- 3–5 years experience in food manufacturing plant (preferred)
- 3-5 years troubleshooting and basic maintenance of mechanical equipment, motors, drives, pneumatics, hydraulics, steam boilers, bearings, etc.
- 2-3 years electrical troubleshooting
- Computer literate
- Stable and progressive work history