Job Title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Reports To: Maintenance Manager or Supervisor
Hiring Date: Immediate
SUMMARY: This position installs, maintains, repairs and improves plant electrical equipment and facilities to ensure production schedule attainment. Also strives to continuously improve the production environment. We are seeking a candidate with a stable work history, a desire to work in a Team environment, a positive attitude, and a share our philosophy of treating people with dignity and respect.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain, upgrade and improve plant electrical systems.
- Troubleshoot Electrical breakdowns and failures.
- Perform scheduled maintenance.
- Plan and implement electrical facilities upgrades.
- Plan and facilitate new machinery install.
- Monitor power usage and improve efficiency.
- Set up successful apprenticeship program.
- Set up master permit program
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Oregon Plant Journeyman or Plant Supervisor License Required
- Broad knowledge of National Electrical Code
- 3–5 years’ experience in food manufacturing plant (preferred)
- 3 – 5 years’ Electrical troubleshooting
- 3 – 5 years’ troubleshooting and maintenance of mechanical equip.
- Computer Literate
- Stable and progressive work history
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively. Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.