Job Title: IT Director
Location: Portland, OR (and surrounding area)
Reports To: President
Hiring Date: Immediate
Tillamook Country Smoker (“TCS”) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of beef jerky, meat sticks, and similar meat snack products based in Bay City, Oregon. For more than 40 years, TCS has sold its delicious products into the convenience, grocery, dollar, specialty, mass and club channels. The company was acquired by Insignia Capital Group in July 2017. The company’s website can be found at: https://www.tcsjerky.com/
Our manufacturing company needs an IT Director to take over the infrastructure oversight of all technical operations. We need a hands-on professional who enjoys rolling up his or her sleeves and working with the team to achieve goals, meet quotas, eliminate security risks and increase patient satisfaction. The successful candidate will be a change management expert and extremely knowledgeable about the hierarchical infrastructure of manufacturing information systems. You will be responsible for our entire systems administration team and will report directly to the CFO. Your operations and system maintenance experience will help our systems grow as we expand.
Strategy & Planning
- Ensure that manufacturing support applications (Traverse and associated software products) meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements.
- Ensure that users of the manufacturing support application and associated software products are provided with the highly skilled technical support to ensure fast problem resolution.
- Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices.
- Meets with senior management to discuss the performance of existing IS systems/programs and determines future computing needs/requirements.
- Performs all duties inherent in a managerial role.
- Control budget and report on expenditure; purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software
Acquisition & Deployment
- Manage teams that support the manufacturing support application and related ancillary applications.
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts relative to manufacturing services.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Contribute to pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Negotiate contracts with software and service providers.
- Liaise with company’s software suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Manage and provide direction for the technology team in support of business operations.
- Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
- Develop and communicate training and documentation for end users, hold clinics as necessary, and other user-related activities.
- Develop, distribute, and coordinate in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
- Assist with desktop support when needed.
- Four-year college diploma or university degree or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- 5 years direct experience managing applications and/or systems management.
- Direct, hands-on experience with current manufacturing support software, networks, security and remote access. Prior experience with master services provider (MSP) a plus.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices, security and laws concerning personal information
- Experience in PCI regulations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.