Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Summary: This position installs, maintains, repairs and improves plant equipment and facilities to ensure production schedule attainment. Also strives to continuously improve the production environment. We are seeking a candidate with a stable work history, a desire to work in a Tea environment, a positive attitude, and share our philosophy of treating people with dignity and respect.
Essential Job Functions:
- Troubleshoot and repair processing, packaging and facility equipment.
- Effectively communicate information and actively participate in the problem-solving process both in the maintenance department and throughout the plant.
- Interpret mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and PLC rung diagrams.
- Use shop and hand tools safely and properly.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of single and three phase power, understand motor control / circuits, and be able to troubleshoot control and PLC logic and hardware.
- Demonstrate strong mechanical troubleshooting skills of general and specialized food processing and packaging equipment. Being able to disassemble and reassemble mechanical equipment with accuracy.
- Follow, and / or write specific maintenance procedures concerning PM’s, schedules and documentation requirements.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- LME License (preferred)
- HVAC certificate (preferred)
- 3–5 years’ experience in food manufacturing plant (preferred)
- 3-5 years troubleshooting and basic maintenance of mechanical equipment, motors, drives, pneumatics, hydraulics, steam boilers, bearings, etc.
- 2-3 years electrical troubleshooting
- Computer literate
- Stable and progressive work history
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively. Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.