JOB TITLE: Production Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising production employees to ensure an optimal balance of quality, service and efficiency in order to achieve operational excellence, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervising production associates in an appropriate manner regarding all aspects of production activities, including, prioritizing duties, delegating work assignments, and scheduling employees to optimize production and sanitation functions, as necessary.
- Ensuring all quality standards and procedures are maintained.
- Participating on cross-functional teams to build a culture of operational excellence and innovation in the areas of processing, methods, productivity, Good Manufacturing Practices, safety and quality.
- Overseeing the appropriate training of new and present employees in the processes and methods required to achieve Tillamook Country Smoker standards for quality, productivity, and safety.
- Evaluating processes and methods, to make appropriate recommendations to continuously improve methods, equipment performance, utilization of people, and quality of product and safety objectives.
- Acting as a technical resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems regarding production, and work problems as appropriate.
- Maintaining and controlling departmental supplies, tools and equipment as assigned.
- Ensuring the completion of all required production paperwork.
- Being actively involved in safety efforts including, incident investigations, assisting in root cause analysis, auditing, as assigned.
- Examines items or tasks produced to determine if they meet specifications.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or related field is preferred and/or one to two years food processing and supervising experience.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Decision Making ability
- Conversational Spanish is highly desired but not required
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively. Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.