Job Title: VP of Sales/Account Management-Grocery Channel
Reports To: EVP, Sales
Hiring Date: Immediate
Tillamook Country Smoker (“TCS”) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of beef jerky, meat sticks, and similar meat snack products based in Bay City, Oregon. For more than 40 years, TCS has sold its delicious products into the convenience, grocery, dollar, specialty, mass and club channels. The company was acquired by Insignia Capital Group in July 2017. The company’s website can be found at: https://www.tcsjerky.com/
The VP, Account Management will be responsible for developing and growing relationships with key influencers in the Grocery channel. He/she, focus attention on driving positive YOY sales growth in existing accounts through SKU portfolio expansion and promotions, and securing new distribution in retailers and distributors currently not carrying the Tillamook range of products, managing his/her territory P&L, and building positive customer relationships in the channel(s).
For his/her territory this individual will also manage the strategic direction for and provide leadership to TCS’s sales operations and administrative functions, to ensure efficient sales processes, reduce selling costs, ensure promotional forecast accuracy, efficient trade execution, and excess inventory reduction.
- Participate in the development of and manage the execution of the sales strategy in assigned channel. The strategy will ensure that the channel is continuing to grow through growth of existing accounts and the addition of new accounts.
- Successfully negotiate, implement, and manage account, distributor and broker contracts so to deliver on the growth objectives of the channel.
- Responsible for achieving gross profit targets and market share growth of key accounts in assigned channel by performing all activities to achieve objectives.
- Manage communication for the Central Grocery channel, serving as the primary conduit between Tillamook Country Smoker, and its brokers, distributors (where applicable) and accounts for information flow, managing priorities, planning, problem solving, and conflict resolution.
- Effectively communicates/collaborates with broker, Tillamook Country Smoker Sales Support team and Finance to ensure market and account information is shared in a timely manner to drive team alignment of customer plans and objectives. This to include, but not limited to, promotions, pricing, display execution, merchandising activity, service opportunities, and results.
- Set strategies and objectives for broker partners, establish and monitor key measures to effectively manage broker performance.
- Partner with broker partners to service and develop existing Grocery retail accounts, sell in promotion and merchandizing programs for key annual events, and win peripheral display space to drive lift, YoY sales volume growth and Tillamook Country Smoker margin dollar
- Business Results– ability to take Insights into action to drive business results and Category growth
- Category Management-analysis of situations/data requires in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Applies good judgment in selecting methods/techniques/criteria. Works closely with the Customer to influence strategic execution and decision maki Provides Category inputs to Business Planning process.
- Trade Funds Management–Apply business acumen and analytical tools to make sound business decisions with trade funds and slotting recommendations.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years’ progressive experience in Food CPG Industry including at least 5 years in sales/ sales related roles (account management or field sales). Specific snack experience is preferred.
- Broker Management experience preferred.
- Extensive experience & knowledge in developing and implementing strategic sales and business plans.
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to forecast sales revenues and prepare and maintain budgets. (Category Management experience preferred)High level of integrity, confidentially and accountability w/ strong work ethic and positive attitude.Proven ability to plan, prioritize and execute on sales plans.
- Well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Professional presentation and positive attitude.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to communicate and interact with all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.