JOB TITLE: Warehouse Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Supply Chain
Tillamook Country Smoker, a coastal manufacturer of jerky and meat snack products sold worldwide is actively seeking a warehouse manager. We are seeking a candidate with a stable work history, a desire to work in a team environment, and has a positive attitude,
Our benefits include an employer funded Medical, Dental, Prescription, and Life Insurance program for our employees. We also offer Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, and a 401K with Employer Matching. This is a fulltime, year-round position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage warehouse functions
- Oversees shipping area team members.
- Coordinates with display personnel.
- Read production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on pallets, racks or shelves.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or carts, or conveys orders to shipping department.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Operates pallet jacks or forklifts to transport items from warehouse to other locations in the plant or to pick up items from several locations in plant for shipment.
- Completes requisition forms to order supplies from other plant departments.
- Prepares parcels for shipping.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent Excel skills including power pivot
- Demonstrated work experience warehouse management
- A minimum of 3 years demonstrated supervisory experience
- A high degree of integrity and personal ethics in implementing corporate policies and procedures.
- Creative self-starter who has demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively. Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.